West End Community Centre Association
WECCA is a Vancouver, British Columbia based company that partnered with Method and Metric SEO Agency to facilitate the building of their website in June 2013. Since 2013, Method and Metric has continuously worked to improve WECCA’s SEO campaign. The services include working in concert with WECCA’s social media manager to maintain their presence in the community and strengthen westendcc.ca’s visibility in the online space. Three (3) key, on-going services were developed for the website:
- Improve keyword strategies to increase the success of their organic search ranking.
- Improve on-page optimization to increase the traffic to their site using targeted keywords.
- Improve off-page optimization to maximize the performance of their website in search engines.
Areas of Improvement
1. Keyword Strategy
Curating a comprehensive keyword strategy for The West End Community Centre Association is an integral part of the success of the organic search ranking results. With the increased popularity of search for longer-tailed keywords, there is a decline in the historically effective 2-word searches. This change in search landscape offers higher click-through rates and better-qualified traffic. In order to further improve the keyword strategy, Method and Metric focuses on two (2) key elements:
- Identifying trends and proper terms that align with WECCA’s website and target audience.
- Determining areas of opportunity to increase organic search ranking.
WECCA’s Centres reach a diverse clientele. Barclay Manor offers programs for seniors and older adults, Coal Harbour Community Centre for young children and families and the West End Community Centre offers activities and programs for people of all ages. Therefore, by implementing an on-going keyword strategy to adhere to WECCA’s broad target market and to their continuous website updates, Method and Metric’s improved westendcc.ca’s visibility and increased their number of new sessions and percentage of visitors who are visiting the site for the first time by 1.05% and 88.35% respectively from March 2014 to March 2015.
Landing Page Acquisition for March 2014 to March 2015
2. On-Page Optimization
On-page optimization is a key piece of any successful SEO strategy to improve the websites search engine ranking. Three (3) key elements are the focus of the on-page improvements for WECCA:
- Continuous content analysis and upkeep.Continuous content development in the form of special events.
- Reoccurring Meta tag analysis and upkeep to manage tags for seasonal changes and keyword focus.
Consistently analyzing the West End Community Centre’s website content is crucial to eliminating redundant, outdated and trivial content. The WECCA targets a wide variety of activities that require continuous content upkeep in the form of seasonal program guides, special events and Meta tag analysis. By maintaining a long term SEO strategy that is suited to the West End Community Centre Association’s array of changing events and activities, Method and Metric provides WECCA with a competitive advantage and increase in visibility, that boosted their sessions from organic search traffic by 255.43% from March 2014 to March 2015, as shown below.! !
Sessions from Organic Search Traffic for March 2014 and 2015
Method and Metric also focuses on consistently adding upcoming special events to westendcc.ca and elaborating on event details to meet Google’s optimization guidelines. Method and Metric improved WECCA’s bounce rate, pages per session and average session duration from organic traffic sources by 10.41%, 4.21%, and 12.97% respectively from March 2014 to March 2015, as shown below.
3. Off-Page Optimization
Off-page optimization is another extremely important part of search engine optimization as it helps to maximize a website’s performance in search engines through high-quality backlinks. The proper off-page optimization services improve search engine rankings and ultimately lead to increased website traffic and conversions. Two (2) key elements are the main focus of the off-page improvements:
- Consistent backlink monitoring to determine new opportunities and monitor for malicious backlinks.
- Consistent broken link upkeep to remove links to non-existent pages and to update links to relocate content.
By focusing on off-page optimization, Method and Metric improved WECCA’s pageviews and unique pageviews from all traffic sources by 116.12% and 110.40% respectively from March 2014 to March 2015 as shown below.
Pageviews and Unique Pageviews from March 2014 to March 2015
Further, WECCA saw a steady increase in their organic search traffic on Google from January 2014 to October 2015 as shown below.
Google Organic Traffic from January 2014 to October 2015
By providing WECCA with on-going SEO services, the website now receives over 200 phone calls and over 400 requests for the address from the Google My Business Listing monthly. Method and Metric SEO Agency has also provided them with professional and quantifiable SEO consulting in order to:
- Increase the number of new sessions and new users by 1.05% and 88.35% respectively.
- Increase organic search traffic by 255.43%.
- Decrease the bounce rate and increase pages per session and average session duration from organic traffic sources by 10.41%, 4.21%, and 12.97% respectively.
- Increase pageviews and unique pageviews by 116.12% and 110.40% respectively.